GLBA Youth Awards were created for the purpose of promoting fairness, respect, and graciousness in winning and losing, as well as providing experience for the future leadership in the horse industry.
- GLBA Youth Equestrian Leadership Award is presented annually in HONOR OF CLYDE PLETCHER to exemplary GLBA youth who show in IBHA and Open Divisions.
- GLBA Horseless Youth Leadership Award is presented annually to honor a horseless GLBA youth who is active in their community and interested in learning about horses and becoming active as a GLBA member.
- Awards will be handed out at the GLBA banquet in the fall of 2023
- Award recipients for GLBA Youth Equestrian Leadership Award will be awarded as follows: Minimum of $200 to the winning IBHA / GLBA Youth; Minimum of $150 to the winning Open Youth.
- Award recipient for the GLBA Horseless Youth Leadership Award will receive a special award encouraging continued growth as a community leader while learning about horse industries.
- There are no restrictions on how monetary awards are used by the award recipients, however, GLBA encourages the award recipients to use the funds toward horse-related activities or to further their show career.
- Questions? Contact Samantha Crawford and Sulyn Bettinghouse, Youth / Queen Committee